Sep 4, 2012
Warsow is a free and fast-paced first-person shooter (FPS)game that is available on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Members of the Ubuntu community have packaged the game and make it available directly and easily for Ubuntu users from the software repositories.
The game involves quick movements, grabbing powerups and weapons before your enemies do, and trying to plant a bomb and steal your enemy’s flag without anyone seeing you. You can jump, dash, dodge, and even wall jump your way throughout the colorful 3D environment. Figure 8.3 shows a game just getting started, with lots of weapons, platforms and ramps, and power-ups in sight.
Key Features of Warsow
- Open source engine – freedom to make complete gameplay mods.
- Freedom to run your own servers (ranked servers will need server key, which we provide for free upon request!)
- Flexible HUD scripting engine for customizing your HUD.
- Powerful “e-sports”- features like Warsow TV with OGG audio stream support for providing improved streaming capabilities.
- Highly customizable graphic settings.
- Global stats and match result saving for following your matches.